I often get asked where I shop for nice but reasonably priced clothes, especially for work. My answer is usually, “Anywhere and everywhere. I don’t discriminate.” However, when Forever 21 feels too old, and the quality at H&M just isn’t cutting it, I do have some favorite stores to find that I can rely on. Don’t forget, everything always goes on sale 🙂
In no particular order –
- & Other Stories – Mix of trendy items and closet staples. In particular, it’s my go-to place for black pants. I also love that they feature designs for Los Angeles, Paris, and Stockholm (usually, my favorite). Don’t forget to bring in a clothing donation, it gets you an extra 10% off your purchase.
- Ann Taylor – This is actually a new one to my list. I’ve been surprised by some of their latest collections, like how cute is this coat or this dress?
- ASOS – They have a HUGE inventory of items, so it requires some digging. However, you can find really cute pieces like my dress here.
- Banana Republic – To be frank, BR has been a mixed bag lately, but it’s always still worth a look and I usually find a few things I like.
- Club Monaco – Another store that I’ve ‘rediscovered’ again, filled with timeless wardrobe essentials.
- COS – Well designed classics with a modern twist. Another good place for investment pieces.
- Everlane – Their ethos is “Exceptional quality. Ethical factories. Radical Transparency.” So, you know exactly what you’re getting into. Admittedly, I don’t own too many of their pieces yet, but I really did love the cashmere sweater that I bought. Another great source for closet staples.
- Madewell – Great for casual clothes. Everything is so soft and cozy, perfect for the off-hours wardrobe.
- Nordstrom – This almost goes without saying because it’s so obvious. You all know Nordstrom, especially their sales.
- Shopbop – I was a big fan of Piperlime, when it existed, because I always felt that they curated an online store filled with beautiful and interesting items from atypical brands. I feel like Shopbop has become a great alternative for all the same reasons. Not to mention, you can get free two-day shipping if you’re an Amazon Prime member. Note, they have a pretty short return policy. RIP Piperlime.
- Target – Almost everyone has their own personal love story with Target, so this really isn’t a surprise choice. However, I do want to give a shoutout to their collaborations, especially the Who What Wear collection which always puts together to an affordable and stylish collection. Also loving their newer collaborations with A New Day and Universal Threads.
- Topshop – A ‘highstreet shop’ that appeals to a lot of different style appetites, some that I find questionable. However, it’s still a good source for the latest styles, with a European bent.
- Zara – Usually where I go to pepper in some trendy things into my closet. These items won’t last forever (though I have a few things that have held up really well) but either do trends.